- Wax paper
- Large pot
- Wooden spoon for mixing
- 4-5 cups pecans, halved
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Zest from 1 orange
- Lay a large area of wax paper out on your counter.
- Cook sugar, orange juice, and orange zest in a large pot over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Fill a glass with cold water and drop a small amount of the mixture into the glass. It will clump together and readily form a ball in your fingers. This is how you tell if it is the correct temperature. If it does not clump, cook a little longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pecans to mixture and gently mix and fold until the the mixture cools and the pecans start looking cloudy. This could take up to ten minutes.
- Pour and separate pecans onto the wax paper on your counter.
- Wait until they are dry before placing into a container for storage. This will only take about ten more minutes.
The Ag Wife