- 64oz chicken broth
- 1lb hot sausage
- 1 small bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 14.5 oz can of roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Parmesan cheese
- In a soup pot, add oil and chopped onions and fry until clear
- Add minced garlic and Italian seasoning and fry for another minute or so
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil
- Spoon bite sized portions of raw sausage into broth and simmer until cooked through
- Add tortellini and spinach and cook until pasta is al dente and spinach is wilted.
- Serve hot with Parmesan cheese on top
I am taking a break from my Toaster Tuesday recipes for awhile as spring chores have been stealing my time and zapping my ideas! I hope you all appreciate this quick easy meal as a substitute! This meal takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and is a great solution to dinner during a busy week. I love to serve it with fresh hot dinner rolls or with garlic bread.
The Ag Wife
One thought on “Weeknight Italian Sausage Soup”
Looks super cozy.
LikeLiked by 1 person