- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 1 16oz can refried beans
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 12oz of shredded Mexican style cheese
- 2 cups of salsa
- Sour cream
- 1 large diced tomato
- 3 chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown your beef and onion.
- Drain grease and add minced garlic.
- Finish cooking according to the taco packet seasoning instructions.
- In the bottom of a 9×12 pan, spread the refried beans.
- Then layer on the beef mixture, shredded cheese, salsa, and top with a thick layer of crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 20 about minutes.
- After 20 minutes, raise the oven temperature to 375-400 and bake until the chip topping is golden brown.
- Top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and green onions. Sometimes I will add extra shredded cheese for the top as well.
The Ag Wife